Inpatient Adult Behavioral Health
High Point Medical Center
Sschedule: Full Time, 36 hours per w
Shift: #3- 12hr night shifts
Under direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician, performs nursing services in the care and treatment of patients.
- Graduation from an accredited LPN training program required
- Previous experience as an LPN in a clinical or other health care setting preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current license a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of North Carolina
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
1. Provides nursing care activities consistent with education, training, and licensure according to an established health care plan, as delegated by the registered nurse or physician.
2. Directs or escorts patients to various clinical areas, prepares patients and assists with examinations and assessments, makes observations, collects data, and reports information. Performs physical and physiologic measurements using standardized guidelines.
3. Serves as liaison between patient and provider. Administers and documents medications ordered by the providers. Calls in medication orders to the patient's pharmacy.
4. Assists with the interpretation of patient related data. Recognizes relationships between data gathered and patient's health care status and treatment regimens.
5. Participates in recording and reporting responsibilities. Documents findings relevant to patient's health care status or plan of care, document accurately and consistently in accordance with approved policies/procedures.
6. Reviews and documents all procedures, medications, supplies, or additional testing done on the patient's chart.
7. Triages and documents all incoming patient phone calls regarding medications, medical conditions and reviews with the provider when indicated, the necessary care ordered.
8. Cleans and stocks examination rooms and/or other supply areas.
9. Participates in clinical research studies by performing data collection and/or quality assurance.
10. Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
11. Maintains knowledge of care teams for coordination of patient care, self-management, population management, and communication skills.
12. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and protocols
Knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to establish a safe work environment
Knowledge of computer systems and applications
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Well-lighted, well-ventilated, and adequate space
Frequent exposure to diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.