Job Title, Keywords
City, State, Country, Zip Code
Licensed Mental Health Professional - $15,000 Sign-On Bonus | Corizon Jobs
Licensed Mental Health Professional - $15,000 Sign-On Bonus Farmington, Missouri
- ID: 2020-8659
- Category: Behavioral/Mental Health
- Position Type: Regular Full-time
- Shift / Schedule: Weekday Evening
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
We have full time Licensed Mental Health Professional opportunity at Farmington Correctional Center located at 1012 West Columbia, Farmington, MO with the essential role of providing therapeutic services with our sexual offender population.
- Direct Therapeutic Service Responsibilities with our MOSOP (MO Sexual Offenders Program):
- Individual and group therapeutic services.Provide behavioral health representation on a treatment team with psychiatric, security, and medical staff.
- Crisis intervention services.
- Gain experience working with the most complex mentally ill incarcerated individuals in Missouri.
- Assess offenders for behavioral health needs through intake, sick call, follow up, and restrictive housing contacts.
- Provide behavioral health services for assessed needs or create a referral for provision of such services.
- Accurately assess behavioral health crises. Intervene in crises to ensure offender safety, reduce risk, and improve functioning.
- Provide Special Needs services to stabilize mental illness and improve functioning of assigned offenders.
- Utilize evidence-based treatments to assist with management of mental illness and reduction of criminogenic risk factors.
- Conduct group therapy utilizing evidence-based treatments informed by pre- and post-test data.
- Collaborate with offenders to develop and maintain treatment plans for on-going behavioral health services.
- Consult with clinical supervisor to ensure appropriate and effective delivery of therapeutic services. Adjust treatment plans and service delivery as indicated.
- Complete timely, accurate, and professional documentation of all services provided.
- Ensure that offender confidentiality and other legal rights are protected.
- Consult with and educate staff from other departments as needed for the safe, appropriate, and humane management of offenders with mental illness.
- Perform all duties in line with ethical, professional, correctional, and legal standards.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
Experience & Requirements
- MO Licensed Professional Counselor, LPC, LCSW, PLPC, LMFT, LMSW
- CPR Certified
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills. Able to effectively interact with institutional staff, medical staff, and outside agencies.
- Counseling experience in a Correctional setting preferred, but not required.
- Preferred bilingual Spanish and English speaker.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans