Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Behavioral Health, High Point "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Health / Human Services
- 320 Boulevard St, High Point, NC, 27262, US
10/01/2021, 01:23 PM
Provide social work services, clinical intervention, complex discharge planning and care coordination to patients and their families. Additionally, conducts family meetings and provides counseling with patients and families who present with a variety of behavioral health needs. In conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, assists with the development of a comprehensive treatment plan to meet ongoing health and mental health needs post discharge.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Master of Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Clinical social work experience required. Minimum 3 years' experience working in a mental health setting with clinical diagnosis and treatment responsibilities.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION
Clinical licensure in the state of North Carolina through the Social Work Certification and Licensure Board required.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of DSM 5 criteria
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Establishes positive working relationships and works to reduce workplace conflict
- Embraces change in a rapidly changing health care environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of mental health system and reforms
- Social work experience in a healthcare setting desirable
- Completes psychosocial assessment in accordance with departmental and professional standards to identify emotional, social and environmental needs related to mental health diagnosis, illness, treatment and life situation.
- Works with patients and families to provide clinical assessment and mental health intervention in conjunction with the health care team.
- Formulates, develops and implements a psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate social work modalities and interventions, which may include crisis intervention, individual and family therapies, and grief and bereavement counseling.
- Conducts family meetings, in conjunction with physician and other team members, to review the treatment plan to establish plans for post discharge care to ensure safe discharge planning and optimal mental health recovery.
- Works in conjunction with the Psychiatric Consult team to offer resource information and referrals for behavioral health care services post discharge.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local mental health systems in order to facilitate post discharge referrals for community resources. Provides consultation to other members of the Department of Care Coordination and the health care team re: referral processes for community based mental health services.
- Advocates for additional state and federal resources in the continuum of mental health services through collaboration with the North Carolina LME/MCOs.
- Documents social work actions in the Electronic Medical Record and communicates necessary information to providers and payers.
- Clinic setting
- Subject to many interruptions
- Subject to irregular hours
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Westgate Pediatrics
Winston-Salem, NC, United States