License Practical Nurse - PRN Obstetrics & Gynecology "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 624 QUAKER LANE STE E100 , High Point, NC, 27262, US
09/24/2021, 08:08 AM
Functions in the physician office or ambulatory care practice to provide nursing services in an office setting. Works as part of a care team to improve the execution of quality requirements, increase throughput, improve efficiency, and enhance the overall patient experience.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care or arrange for the provision of appropriate care, for patients, as pertinent to the scope of nursing practice and specialty of the office setting.
- Appropriately and accurately documents all patient care/interactions in patient medical record.
- Participates in telephone triage by obtaining clinically appropriate data and symptoms from the patient and advises and instructs patients according to established protocols and/or orders from the provider.
- Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all test results.
- Pre-visit planning with provider and care team.
- Medication administration, including injections.
- Check vital signs, height, weight
- Assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list.
- May assist with satisfaction of pertinent health maintenance requirements.
- Assists providers during procedures and examinations and performs instrument and room clean-up.
- Utilizes standard precautions. Complies with Policies; Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards; Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations; and The Joint Commission (TJC), Division of Facility Services (DFS), and other Regulatory Agency standards as applicable to the practice.
- Reports patient's condition and reaction to the provider following procedures, medication administration, or treatments.
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed.
- Participates in electronic documentation of care at the direction of the provider.
- May enter orders in EMR (computerized physician order entry CPOE) per provider order.
- Completes Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing; including Point of Care testing for Hemoglobin A1C and other Point of Care testing as applicable. Adheres to CLIA standards. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable.
- Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
- Provides patient with Depart Summary and review at the end of the visit
- Responsible for all vaccine and pharmaceutical orders including North Carolina Immunization Registry (NCIR) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC) regulations and monitoring inventory level of clinical supplies specific to the practice setting.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read, and write Basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Licensed Practical Nurse with current license to practice in NC or SC (dependent on the practice's physical location) required. Graduate of an Accredited School of practical nursing required. Previous medical office experience preferred. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS cert required.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.