Leave of Absence Specialist
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Coordinates and processes leaves of absences for Medical Center/MNPG employees. Supports the Employee/Occupational Health Coordinator and Employee Health Nurse as needed to ensure regulatory compliance.
1) Graduate of high school in business curriculum with three years of relevant experience.
2) Associate Degree in Business and/or related field with two years of relevant experience preferred.
3) At least one year of previous employee benefit and/or human resources experience in Healthcare preferred.
1) Some previous medical office clerical experience preferred.
2) Prior experience with Employee Health and/or Occupational Health, Workers’ Compensation and FMLA is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
2) Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 90% accuracy.
3) Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
4) Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills. Must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
5) Must possess excellent customer service skills while interacting with employees, managers and outside contacts.
6) Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7) Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and interact with various levels of personnel and outside contacts.
8) Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to function successfully in a changing environment.