State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Leadership Gifts Officer
Req ID: 41960BR
Job Summary: The Leadership Gifts Officer is responsible for the growth, outreach, engagement and increased participation in the higher levels of the Annual Fund - consisting of donors and prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $1,000+ and more. The Leadership Gifts Officer will also serve as a conduit for building engagement and interest in supporting BILH Member Hospitals with prospective major gift donors in support of divisional, institutional and campaign priorities. The Officer will have measurable goals set annually related to the overall fundraising, number of discovery calls, and face-to-face meetings with the primary goal of building the pipeline.
- Manage a personal prospect pool of donors and securing annual or multi-year gifts. Qualify, cultivate and solicit annual donations at the leadership gifts level ($1,000+) working with department colleagues and volunteers where appropriate.
- Participate in prospect pool development and assignment strategies in conjunction with the Leadership Gifts and Prospect Management teams.
- Conduct discovery calls to those individuals who have a relationship with Member Hospitals and capacity to make a gift, with the purpose of engaging them and educating them about their impact of philanthropy.
- Complete face-to-face meetings with prospective and current prospects to educate, engage and cultivate them to consider giving or giving at increased levels to the hospital.
- Work closely with major gifts staff to further engage prospects to the many different centers of excellence with the goal to transition appropriate prospects for further cultivation and major gift level philanthropy.
- Participate in execution of events and programs in support of development activities. Engage key volunteers and effectively utilize events and other activities to move solicitations forward. Qualify prospects for potential major gift capacity and interest.
- Actively manage former major gift prospects toward their best levels of participation in leadership giving. Act as liaison between the Office of Philanthropy and various BILH divisions and units. Participate fully in all office and professional standards for metrics and reporting.
- Learn, assess and adapt/adopt best practices in the industry through relationships with colleagues at other institutions and organizations, fundraising trade information, books, and social media to improve results of the leadership gifts program.
- As funding allows, participate in at least one professional development conference or educational program each year in an effort to improve job skills and acquire broader knowledge of fundraising techniques.
- Assist in other development, stewardship and campaign activities that benefit leadership gifts and the development team. Exercise good judgment and the highest professional standards in discussing grateful patient and volunteer issues. Maintain composure and professional demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in At least two years of direct fundraising / development experience preferred with specific track record in individual gift solicitation, planned giving, and volunteer management..
- Ability to travel to meet donors.
- Experience working with donors in a front-line/fundraising capacity.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience with medical fundraising in a hospital setting.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply