Leadership Fellow (ChenMed Accelerated Leadership Program) - Fellows Jan & June 2022
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Job Id R0016811
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes market activities, clinical outcomes, costs and operations to forecast progress towards goals and objectives.
- Accesses, organizes, analyzes and aggregates large, complex data sets creating problem analysis and solution suggestions.
- Visualizes highly complex data into an easy to understand format for interpretation by leaders across the organization.
- Confers and partners with corporate leadership, market leadership and Centers of Expertise to implement needed changes based on progress and conditions.
- Drives support of key scorecard measures that are based on patient outcomes, quality service, finance, regulatory needs, profitability, efficiencies and talent engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to build a company and market brand through superior talent strategies (e.g. recruiting and leadership development)
- Driven to ensure accountability while learning a new business model
- Ability to influence to drive process, strategy, sales growth and business policies
- Ability to problem solve and improve service and quality levels
- Thrives in a servant-leader modeled organization
- Leads in ethical practices, maximize efficiency, regulatory and safety requirements and market growth
- Agile self-starter who enjoys complex problem-solving and embraces working through ambiguity
- Willingness to join forces/collaborate in order to drive market and company-wide initiatives across multiple domains
- Self-Aware with strong interpersonal skills to gain trust, persuade and build relationships
- Able to change priorities, quickly adaptable, willing to accept, embrace, and lead change
- Open minded to try new solutions or techniques
- Highly analytical and data savvy demonstrably comfortable navigating and interpreting, drawing conclusions, refining strategies based on the complex multi-source data sets
- Comfortable and effective presenting in front of audiences that range from front line manager to the C-Suite
- Expert in Office Suite products particularly advanced Excel proficiency
- Enthusiasm and commitment to ChenMed’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and capital expenditure
- Understanding and some experience in managing projects (preferred)
- Experience working with complex software, systems and analytics (preferred)
- Experience in working with data visualization platforms, e.g. Tableau, QlikView (preferred)
Candidates selected will benefit from the following:
- Fully paid development opportunity in America’s best-performing value-based primary care company
- Generous health care benefits and paid time off
- Challenging and fast-pace working environment
- Extensive access to an executive mentor to jump start your learning
- Participation in ChenMed’s Leadership Pathways development program to sharpen your leadership skillset including coaching and an individual development plan
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Completed Master’s degree MBA, MHA, MPH, MHS or a related discipline OR Master’s in progress (to complete within the next year) OR Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related discipline with at least 3 years’ work experience in healthcare delivery, Medicare, health plan, analytics or another applicable field
- Candidates should be flexible and available for extended travel (up to 50%) or relocation to any current or future ChenMed market when looking for ultimate leadership placement (markets include: Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Miami, Atlanta)
- Open and flexible to placement in a position based on candidate’s skills, fit, and interests as well as company need
- Demonstrated leadership experience through on-campus and/or community involvement
The CSE Leadership Fellow, under the ChenMed Accelerated Leadership Academy, will be provided with an opportunity to rapidly train to become a leader in an organization dedicated to patient-centered, value-based healthcare that is the benchmark for transforming primary care delivery in in the US. Those selected to be part of this elite 9-month program will start their journey within the Clinical, Strategy and Efficiency Team (CSE). During the first 90 days while working in CSE, the Leadership Fellow will have an unparalleled opportunity to gain knowledge about Medicare Advantage, Operations, Healthcare Networks, Data Analytics and Finance. The CSE team reports directly to the company founder, Dr. James Chen, which affords them the privilege of learning Medicare Advantage with his guidance. From there, the Leadership Fellow will be guided in selecting a development path that targets your personal strengths and interests. After you complete the initial training period with CSE, you will get an in-depth training opportunity in one of our markets or in one of our Centers of Expertise (departments).
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Posted Date 04/20/2021
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Lead
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Posted Date 05/20/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director