State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Lead Sales Coordinator
Req ID: 40080BR
Job Summary: Participates in the daily operations in one of the following areas: Friendshop (including the FriendShop Flower Shop) or Windows of Hope. Operates cash register, performs inventory maintenance, supervises sales staff and volunteers and maintains shop. Interacts extensively with the public, patients, medical staff, and volunteers.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Fits hair prothesis and other alternative head covers for patients being treated for a cancer diagnosis.
- Creates a warm and welcoming enviroment within Windows of Hope and offers supportive advice with a sensitivity to customers' cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Prepares and tracks insurance claims. Prepares credit card and sales tax reports. Maintains Excel spreadsheets for purchases and inventory. Reviews and monitors monthly reports.
- Oversees the sales floor by ensuring staff coverage at the cash register and assisting customers. In collaboration with the manager, supervises and trains volunteers and staff.
- Reviews all closing documentation from the previous evening to ensure accuracy and prepares paper work for deposits to be sent to accounting.
- Inputs all daily sales information into spreadsheet in order to produce monthly profit and loss statements.
- Working in coordination with the manager, receives and processes merchandise orders. Checks in new merchandise inspecting shipment for accuracy and damages. Ensures merchandise is properly priced using manager generated order forms. Assists with reconciling damaged merchandise with vendors and generates all shipping return labels.
- Maintains all displays to the standards set by the manager. In collaboration with the manager, may update merchandise sales floor based on seasonal and holiday transitions. Monitors shop inventory levels and restocks when appropriate. Maintains overall store cleanliness.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Previous work experience in a retail or Human Services setting.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Excellent communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with people of diverse background and ages who are being treated for a cancer diagnosis.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply