State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Laboratory Services - Contract Manager
Req ID: 38586BR
Job Summary: This role will ensure BILH negotiates optimal system-wide contracts from both a cost and quality perspective. This role will identify and prioritize the purchased service contracts to be renegotiated at a system level, driving the process and focusing on vendor consolidation, appropriate short-term contracts, and other initiatives that will generate substantial savings for the health system.
- Evaluates internal and benchmarking data to identify purchased service contract opportunities.
- Develops and implements BILH contracts to ensure cost effective and quality driven supplies and services.
- Manages vendor relationships, develops contract / relationship performance goals and criteria and serves a subject matter expert resource.
- Works collaboratively with all key stakeholders, including supply chain, clinical departments, and finance on cost savings initiatives specifically relating to contracting operations.
- Leads and/or staffs multi-disciplinary teams to select/standardize contracting choices that maximize supply chain savings while meeting clinical and operational needs. Conducts and/or staffs group meetings to facilitate contract review, trials, and implementation.
- Evaluates success of contract once implemented, reconciles problems between BIHL and vendors, and makes relevant recommendations to best meet the supply chain needs of the system.
- Analyzes data and provide cost savings reports to leadership on a routine basis.
- Shares information and educates managers and physicians throughout the system to advance others' ability to improve supply chain performance.
- Builds, maintains and manages strong partnerships with our strategic vendors.
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in JD degree or other healthcare related field preferred; Master's Degree preferred preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Materials and Resource Professional (CMRP) certification.
- 7 years purchasing, contracting or materials management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting; Expertise in healthcare physician preference items and knowledge of clinical commodity items used in acute patient areas is preferred. Experience in healthcare value analysis is preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply