LAB ASSISTANT I- LR
BHMC-LITTLE ROCK · LAB-BMC
Little Rock, AR
Full-time, Nights WEO, 6pm-630am
Req # 96305
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY - Job Summary (general statement of purpose or objective of position)
The Laboratory Assistant I is responsible for support and customer service of the clinical laboratory department, as well as performing testing in STAT lab. This includes pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties as described in the following section for this facility. The Laboratory Assistant I is responsible and accountable for receiving, processing, labeling, distributing specimens, and testing specimens, as ordered by a licensed heath care provider. Responsible for communicating with nursing and laboratory staff if there is a problem with a specimen. The position requires a thorough understanding of laboratory specimens and the HIS/LIS computer systems. Assistants will be required to perform clerical duties as the job necessitates. Established protocols and procedures of this facility must be followed to ensure quality patient results. Laboratory Assistant I is a position under the supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Central Processing Supervisor and Clinical Laboratory manager/director and will report to these individuals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge, skills, abilities, license, registration, certification, education, and experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Phlebotomy experience, preferred.
3. One year ED experience preferred
4. Ability to read, write, comprehend English, perform computer functions, and process paperwork
5. Must have professional telephone etiquette and effective verbal and written communication skills
6. Must have problem solving ability when multiple complex variables exist
7. Must be able to keep work organized at all times, be self-motivated, and able to work in a fast paced environment
8. Must be able to work assigned shift
9. Must be comfortable working with human specimens (body fluids, urines, etc.)
10. Must successfully complete training by ED and lab personnel and pass initial and yearly competency exams
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.