Kronos Specialist / UMMS @ Linthicum, MD
Job ID: 80856
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 8a-4p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 12-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women’s and children’s health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Kronos Specialist for our Baltimore location.
***3 years experience working on KRONOS time and attendance systems and/or in-house payroll systems is REQUIRED***
Under general supervision assists the Kronos Lead in auditing timecards, reporting data, and administering the UMMS Time & Attendance system. Process biweekly audits to assure proper time keeping practice is in compliance with UMMS policies and procedures. Setting up and changing access requests and supporting end users as needed. Assist on projects, testing, and year end updates.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides daily Kronos support to the payroll specialist and end users. Maintains set up to user profiles, creates new queries as needed, and audits time record data for accuracy. Acts as a resource for payroll specialist for timekeeping practices.
2. Responds to and resolves inquiries regarding pay practice questions. Must be able to provide detailed instructions to non-technical customers and work to resolve issues. Trouble shoots common pay rule/work changes according to HR policy for shift and benefit time.
3. Creates end user profiles for new timekeepers. Communicates to end users access information. Creates hyperFind queries and reports for end users as well as for internal auditing purposes.
4. Resolves all Kronos errors within Transaction assistant. Analyzes data and process tests as needed.
5. Keeps abreast of UMMS Pay Policies and statutory laws for time keeping purposes.
6. Assists in projects with upgrades, pay codes distribution, year-end set up, and testing. Assists with implementation of other UMMS entities migrating to the UMMS Kronos platform.
7. Attends in-service training and various educational programs for professional growth and development.
8. Performs related duties as required in the Kronos system but is not limited within the Time & Attendance system.
As a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) employee, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between UMMS and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Three (3) years of experience working on time and attendance systems and/or in-house payroll systems required.
3. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the experience requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of state, local and federal tax laws and regulations, along with routine accounting/bookkeeping practices is required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of basic mathematical calculations including percentage, addition, subtraction, multiplication, to manipulate numbers using a calculator. .
4. Proficiency with MS Office software, such as Microsoft Excel for developing payroll-related reports is required. Ability to operate a personal computer, photocopier, and other routinely used office equipment is required
5. Ability to demonstrate positive customer service skills are required. Proficient problem solving skills are required to successfully resolve difficult payroll related discrepancies.
6. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with various individuals seeking payroll-related information.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on