ITS Clin Informatics Analy II "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
08/02/2021, 11:13 PM
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as a facility liaison between the patient care team and Information Services to coordinate, plan and monitor the adoption and use of EMR and other healthcare technologies in operational processes. Components of this role include assisting with implementation, support, adoption, and optimization of EMR and other associated technologies.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or related clinical degree/certification in respiratory therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, pharmacy, clinical nutrition or other related health care field. Three years clinical or clinical informatics experience required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Minimum of a BSN required for nurses placed in the position. Registered nurses in the role must have current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Formal education in Clinical Informatics preferred. Ongoing continuing education within informatics is required. Certification and/or proficiency in at least one core Epic clinical module required or commitment to obtain within 6 months of hire. Additional certifications or proficiencies for ongoing modules may be required for ongoing continuing education.
- Serves as a liaison between clinicians, facility leadership, EMR Governance Committees, various clinical committees/workgroups and Information Services.
- Assists in the planning, design, development, implementation, support and ongoing optimization of EMR and other technologies.
- Monitors, audit, and report on adoption process to identify trends. Collaborates with appropriate teams to formulate corrective actions for identified needs.
- Assumes leadership role in identifying and coordinating change efforts, including communication, change readiness assessment, gap analysis, education, workflows and policy and procedural changes.
- Assists with analysis and documentation of current state / future state. Collaborates with Information Services and vendor teams to ensure clinical system build is in alignment with standardization and future state workflows.
- Participates/leads initiatives to educate, train, and provide ongoing educational support to clinicians regarding the use of EMR and related technologies.
- Works with key customers to develop strategies, manage change, and maintain compliance of best practice workflow.
- Participate sin facility and corporate committees and/or projects as clinical informatics expert.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical workflows across modules and user groups. Assists in identifying impact of change.
- Maintains knowledge of Epic and other healthcare technology functionality and capabilities; current trends and issues in healthcare; regulatory and accreditation requirements; meaningful use requirements; organizational policies and procedures; legal implications of the EHR and advances in technology.
- Participates / attends appropriate informatics-focused conferences, user forums, and professional events with leadership approval.
- Ability to travel between enterprise sites.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Knowledge of Visio and workflow documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, leadership and project management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: At Wake Forest Baptist Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations. As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires frequent contact with all levels of personnel. Involves walking, standing, sitting, and driving. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of vision and hearing required. Lifting requirements up to 10 pounds of weight.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.