State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
IT Sr. Programmer Analyst
Req ID: 42636BR
Job Summary: Develops and maintains Billing & Reimbursement system including interfaces from and to both internal and external sources as well as supports a number of COBOL interfaces to SQL data marts.
- Executes each phase of the System Development Life Cycle (requirement needs, analysis, develop specifications, writing code, unit testing, system testing, implementation and post implementation monitoring) as needed on assigned tasks.
- Operates as an individual contributor or team member depending on size and scope of assignment.
- Communicates application needs to both IS and non IS Groups within the organization and to external customers supplying data to or receiving data from this system.
- Contributes as a major programming resource for the interfacing of data from the mainframe to numerous external and internal data repositories.
- Modifies and supports mainframe batch programs using JCL.
- Provides assistance and direction to more junior team members.
- Works on tasks as assigned by the Group Project Manager.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of COBOL and MVS JCL in a TSO/ISPF IBM mainframe environment
- Highly experienced with IMS database and VSAM and GSAM file structures.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Familiarity with File-Aid for IMS data access and manipulation software
- Familiarity with EXPEDITOR debugging software.4 and with Change Control software, preferably ENDEVOR.
- Previous experience with Patient Accounting and Hospital Financial applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply