Intraoperative Neurodiagnostic Tech
Job ID: 92152
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 0645 -1515 Nights/Weekends
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Intraoperative Neurodiagnostic Tech
Full Time – Rotating Shift (M-F, 6:45a-3:15p, Call – nights & weekends)
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Under physician supervision the technologist will assist the anesthesiologist(s) and surgeon(s) in providing pertinent information during an array of intraoperative electroneurophysiological testing. Performs routine and complex neurological tests to include Electroencephalography (EEG) Visual Evoked Potentials (B.A.E.R.), Motor Evoked Potentials (MEP) and Electromyography (EMG) of the upper/lower extremities and cranial nerves and to provide optimal patient care while performing intraoperative procedures. Provides identification/interpretation of neuroanatomy, recognition of abnormalities and waveform anomalies.
Performs electroencephalograph (EEG), somatosensory, brainstem auditory, visual and motor evoked potentials on patients in order to record patient brain waves and nervous system responses in accordance with departmental procedures and protocols.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Science
- Associates in Neurodiagnostic Technology with current R.EEG T registry, or an Associates in Neurodiagnostic Technology with current R.EP T. registry
- Graduate from the Armed Forces school of Neurodiagnostic Technology with R.EEG T. registry or graduate from Armed Forces school of Neurodiagnostic Technology with R.EP T. registry
- OJT or Certificate program with current R.EEG T. registry, or OJT or Certificate program with R. EP T. registry
- Registry through the American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technology in Certification Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM) is preferred, but not required. If candidate does not possess a CNIM registry, then employee must complete registry within two years of employment.
- One year of performing clinical modalities is preferred, but not required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
They're important because they help us stay connected as a community, and they help provide useful resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW