Interventional Radiological Technician
US – Los Angeles, CA
Monday-Friday, Days vary, 10 hour shifts with on call
$49.70 – $65.57 Hourly
March 9, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Skills, Talents and Required Certifications:
1. Possession of current ARRT and CRT Certificates, Fluoro permit and BCLS
2. Skill in operating of standard, fixed and mobile X-ray equipment, Ability to effectively plan, implement,
coordinate, and evaluate pre-, mid-, and post-procedure care for interventional patients
3. Skill and knowledge of operating physiologic monitoring and recording equipment, cardiac output computer, oxygen suction, defibrillator, IABP, rotablator, DCI, stents, balloon, Angiojet, diagnostic and interventional wires, catheters, and other devices as approved by FDA.
4.Knowledge of human pathophysiology and anatomy, including cardiopulmonary hemodynamics and cardiac rhythms.
5. Speaking and writing skills to collect and clearly convey information to physicians, staff, patients, and the public using correct grammar and tact in English.
6. Reading skills to comprehend technical and procedure manuals and other medical records written in standard English.
7.Ability to work as part of a team and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with administrators, supervisors, doctors, peers, and the public.
8. Skill in interacting diplomatically with people of various backgrounds to establish rapport and trust in “managed care” setting.
9. Ability to establish and practice professional relationships with medical personnel and the public.
10. Technical skills and knowledge to interpret clinical data provided on requisitions and adjust technical factors if indicated to produce optimal images.
11. Ability to maintain professional demeanor, be neat, clean in appearance.
12. Knowledge of departmental, hospital policies/procedures
13.Ability to work the posted schedule and “on call” as set up by the department with a response of 30 minutes for call back cases.
14. Ability to be flexible, to float, take additional assignments when necessary. Maybe required to rotate between
Santa Monica and Westwood hospitals
15. Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, must be able to move over 50lb and wear 25 lbs of lead apron
16. Knowledge and application of radiation safety.
17. Position is a ten hour position with varying start time and days worked based on department needs.
License: AART, CRT, Fluoro license
Certifications: VI or RVIS preferred
Radiological Technologist from and accredited institution
Experience: 3yrs. of recent Cath lab or IR procedural experience preferred
Share this job