Job ID: 90260
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 8a-4p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Student (Paid)
What You Will Do:
Under direct supervision, the intern works directly with various staff to provide assistance to the department. Enters data from a variety of sources for input into a database, reviews and summarizes information to produce and distribute standard reports, prepares data for projects, researches topics as requested, and provides administrative support.
1. Reviews and summarizes information and data for use in reporting.
2. Produces standard reports and prepares them for distribution/presentation.
3. Assists in the preparation of various reports for reporting organizational/departmental activity.
4. Researches topics as requested and relays relevant findings to staff.
5. Provides support for special projects and assignments.
6. Provides administrative support as needed.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Must be enrolled in High School or Baccalaureate degree program required.
2. Computer class or demonstrated competency preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Experience with personal computers, Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
2. Effective verbal communication skills including courtesy, resourcefulness and efficiency in answering questions, giving directions, and explaining hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
3. Effective writing skills are required in order to take messages and maintain records.
4. Excellent customer service skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW