- Shelly Spatafore, Clinical Recruiter - Critical Care (864) 228-0352
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine teams are imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, improve clinical performance and patient experience.
- 18-bed ICU; medical, surgical, cardio, and neuro patients
- Team of 4.5 intensivists
- Schedule: Modified block
- Part-time option available
- Cutting edge integrated care program – Sound manages Hospitalist, Critical Care, and Emergency Medicine services
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Frederick, a quaint city of 70,000 residents, is nestled in the foothills of the easternmost ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is Maryland’s second-largest city and part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. Boasting a bustling downtown and endless outdoor activities and resources, Frederick is a welcoming community with options for every interest.
Tagged as: Physician