Center City, Philadelphia, PA
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides administrative support to Outpatient Administrator, responsible for patient registration, reception, insurance verification, and clerical services.
- Responsible to complete insurance verifications for all outpatients in a timely matter.
- Obtains initial authorization if needed.
- Accounts payable responsibilities.
- Manages informational calls, directing caller to appropriate resource if unable to supply information.
- Creates and maintains proper forms on Microsoft Word and Excel documents for LT patients.
- Ensures physicians have licenses
- Insures that patient is aware of their responsibilities prior to initiating therapy (i.e. referrals from primary care physicians, co-pay obligations, consistent co-pay collection, etc.)
- Completes all documentation in CPSI and chart links in include Medicare cap.
- Maintains LT schedule for outpatients at the riverfront and main hospital.
- Attends biweekly meetings regarding LT census.
- Re-verify all current outpatients every 30 days to ensure coverage.
- Researches and completes a follow-up for specific cases in finance department.
- Assists scheduling in absence of other staff and in times of high census.
- Updates supervisors and other sites on insurance changes.
- Assist and resolve with follow up on finance accounts.
- Process initial request for therapy authorizations to include all applicable insurances.
- Communicates with various departments regarding scheduling and insurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required
- Experience in computer operation, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Chart links.
- Experience with creating forms and proper tracking.
- Experience in office management, preferably in healthcare field.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code