Inpatient Registered Nurse - General Applications
Why Mount Nittany Health?
Thanks for your interest in Mount Nittany Health! If you are interested in future consideration for inpatient Registered Nursing opportunities at Mount Nittany Medical center this is a great place to start! Please review the below Job Description and if you would like to be considred for future RN opportunites fill out a n application.
We strive to give our patients, our providers and our staff a positive “Mount Nittany Health Experience,” embracing top-quality care, operational excellence, growth and innovation in the field of healthcare, as we continue to advance our mission of making people healthier in our community.
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager for the overall nursing practice of the unit during the shift assigned. In the absence of the Unit Director/Manager, the RN is responsible to the Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse or the Clinical Coordinator of the shift.
Provides professional nursing care based on current nursing knowledge through use of the nursing process. This includes the responsibility for assessment of the patient's needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing measures and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatment measures.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
1) Previous RN experience preferred.
2) Charge qualified preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire. See the Registered Nurse addendum for each specific unit.
Receives general supervision from the Unit Nurse Director/Manager/Clinical Coordinator working from policies and general objectives. May also be accountable to the Team Leader, Clinical Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse. Rarely refers specific cases to supervisor unless clarification or interpretation of policies is needed.