Inpatient Physical Therapist (TBI Unit)
Job ID: 94474
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F with Sa rotation; 8a-4:30p
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Inpatient Physical Therapist I (TBI Unit)
Full-Time – Day
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
- Practice physical therapy according to the guidelines established by the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners of Maryland.
- Practice physical therapy means to practice the health specialty concerned with the prevention of disability in patients and the physical rehabilitation of patients with a congenital or acquired disability.
- Performs and interprets tests and measurements of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal functions to aid treatment and planning treatment programs that are based on test findings.
As an Inpatient Physical Therapist I (TBI Unit) at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue generous paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological condition. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic and sports injury, among many others.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Proficient knowledge of PT theory and practice techniques, as appropriate to specialty area.
- General knowledge of orthopedics, plastics, pediatrics, neurology, psychology, psychiatry, anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, general medicine, and the PT treatment implications of each.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required to work with patients, caregivers, therapists, medical, administrative, and nursing staff successfully and to document patient progress, quality assurance activities, and other required information.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My name is Christina, and I'm a respiratory therapist at UM BWMC. At the height of COVID, I had actually joined the hospital as a clinical extern, and upon obtaining my license, I decided to join full-time. One of the reasons why I chose to join full-time was because, as a new grad, it was very important for me to have my voice heard and appreciated, which I definitely feel at this hospital. And in addition, it is a huge plus to have all the up-to-date technologies and equipment readily available for me to utilize. I love working here, and as a new grad, I couldn't have chose a better place to work.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW