State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team! We are seeking individuals who have flexibility with hours and schedules.
MUST be both certified AND registered as a pharmacy technician to be considered
*This sign-on bonus incentive plan is for individuals who are not an employee of the BILH system and are committing to regularly scheduled hours. This program is subject to change at any point. Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 39767BR
Job Summary: Prepares sterile and non sterile medications. Communicates with Pharmacists and Nursing Staff to insure
timely preparation and delivery of medications. Delivers medications including controlled substances to nursing areas and
ancillary departments in accordance to established policies and procedures and DEA and DPH regulations.
- Prepares sterile products including TPN, neonatal, hazardous, chemotherapeutic and study medications in
accordance with Federal USP <797> standards.
- Monitors medication order reports and assigns medications to automated dispensing cabinets. Reviews current
inventory list for automated dispensing cabinets to determine medications that should be removed based on
knowledge of unit based practice site and the types of medications used on each site.
- Delivers controlled substances to automated dispensing cabinets in compliance with all DEA and DPH regulations.
Monitors expiration dates of controlled substances automated dispensing cabinets. Acts as witness for Pharmacists
to destroy or secure expired controlled substance and narcotic waste.
- Restocks floor stock/automated dispensing cabinets. Enters charges and credits to patients for the medications sent on the daily IV delivery and cartfill to insure an accurate bill. Refills and exchanges code boxes and emergency
medications to nursing units and ancillary areas. Monitors expiration dates of code boxes and emergency kits in the
- Delivers IV medications to the appropriate location. Recycles IVs when appropriate. Maintains records pertaining to
IV admixtures, cleanliness and restocks admixture area as well as completes all appropriate QA.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and Certificate 1 Pharm Tech Cert Board required., or Certificate 2 EXCPT required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Registration required with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacy
Technician. This requirement is met upon completion of greater than 500 hours and not more than 1000 hours. A
passing score of 75% is required of a board approved registration examination.
- Employee must remain in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy including
maintenance of registration and fees.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Three to six months experience as a hospital pharmacy technician.
- Ability to perform simple and complex pharmaceutical calculations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply