Infection Prevention & Control Nurse
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Infection Prevention & Control Nurse is responsible for performing infection surveillance, data management and analysis and a variety of duties in support of the mission and goals of the Infection Prevention & Control program and its activities. This includes overseeing data collection and entry of information related to healthcare-associated infections, communicable/reportable diseases/conditions and other infection-related information under the direction of the Infection Prevention & Control Manager.
1) Bachelor degree in nursing or other healthcare related field.
1) Two years of experience, preferably in hospital infection prevention and control.
2) Certification in Infection Control (CIC) through the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) preferred upon hire/transfer.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Excellent (oral and written) communication skills.
2) Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
3) Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
4) Ability to organize work with attention to detail.
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6) Displays initiative, strong critical- and innovative thinking skills.
7) Ability to utilize available resources and chain of command in problem solving.
8) Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and other data management systemsrequired.
1) Pennsylvania Registered Nurse license or license/certification appropriate to field, preferred but not necessary.
2) CIC through the CBIC within 2 years of hire/transfer.