Responsible for oversight and coordination of operations in designated areas. Assigns work as needed, monitor completion of tasks and assists with complex tasks or problem areas. Ensures workflow is completed following established policies and procedures. Responsible for supporting department goals and compliance. Reviews work for quality and monitors performance for improvement opportunities. Promotes teamwork. Assists with staff coaching and evaluation.
Associates degree preferred; 2 years direct clinical experience in radiology.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
ARRT American Registry of Radiologic or current national certification in one or more of the following: ARDMS or NMTCB required BLS American Heart Association.
Wake Forest Baptist Health:
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston Salem – that included Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, and more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experimental medical education and groundbreaking research that include Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
1. Provides oversight and coordination of daily operations in assigned areas of responsibilities.
2. Performs area specific procedures and/or related tasks as needed.
3. Monitors quality and variances in daily performance.
4. Identifies opportunities to improve departmental processes for productivity and service.
5. Promotes a healthy work environment through teamwork and effective communication methods.
6. Coordinates equipment/system repairs with staff and vendor.
7. Participates in the development and revisions for area policies and procedures.
8. Assists manager in leading quarterly area specific staff meetings. Leads and/or participates in departmental and organizational committees/teams.
9. Assists with development and management of departmental budgets and offers explanations to variances. Generates and interprets reports as needed.
10. Assures regulatory and accreditation compliance.
11. Upholds a professional working relationship at all times and adheres to department rules.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Good communication skills to interact with patient, guests and clinical staff
2. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
3. Strong organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills
4. Customer service skills
5. Ability to lead and motivate staff
6. Critical thinking and problem solving skills
7. Productivity management ability
1. Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
2. Exposure to the risk of bloodborne diseases
3. Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
4. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
5. Possible exposure to patient elements
6. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
7. Handles emergency or crisis situations
8. Subject to many interruptions and pressure to multiple calls and inquiries
9. Occasionally subject to irregular hours
10. Handles absentee replacement on short notice
11. Personal protective equipment required including eye/face protection, gown, mask and non-sterile medical gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.