Imaging Services Assistant, High Point Medical Center "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 306 Westwood Ave, High Point, NC, 27262, US
09/24/2021, 09:28 AM
Responsible for the transportation of patients from the Nursing Units and other Departments to all areas of Radiology. Assists with moving patients, exam room preparation and answering phones in the work areas.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior experience in hospital environment, patient care, and transportation preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Nurse Assistant certification preferred
CPR certification within three months of hire
Completion of Oxygen Training class with certification for administering oxygen required
- Carefully considers the needs of the patients when selecting the mode of transportation and communicates effectively the reason for transport to the patient prior to the transit.
- Follows Radiation Protection Policies to avoid unnecessary exposure to the public and to self.
- Verifies the identity of the patient and ensures that the correct patient is transported as evidenced by no more than two documented occurrences per year.
- Evaluates and handles specific needs of the patient based on age and developmental status.
- Demonstrates proper/safe handling and maneuverability of patient transportation equipment and patient related equipment.
- Shows competence in oxygen tank exchange.
- Routinely transports patients independently.
- Upholds a professional working relationship at all times and adheres to department rules.
- Practices teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Good communication skills to interact with patient, guests and clinical staff
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Requires much walking, lifting and physical exertion
Must be able to walk for long periods
Ability to transport patients to various on-campus locations
Excellent customer service skills
Must demonstrate competence in areas of body mechanics to identify and show proficiency in moving a patient without injury to the patient or individual
Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
Exposure to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Possible exposure to patient elements
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.