Hyperbaric Tech-PRN Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Job Number: 1053215
Piedmont Newnan Hospital - Newnan, Georgia
Administer hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician/provider. Provides daily maintenance and safety checks prior to daily operations.
1. Administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician.
2. Assumes overall responsibility for chamber safety and maintenance of the chambers including setting annual drills and education for other departments such as biomed, engineering, and environmental services regarding the safety precautions involving the hyperbaric chambers.
3. Responsible for the training, education, and proctoring of all PRN or other covering staff.
4. Responsible for the coordination and planning of the treatment of inpatient patients and transfer to the department including administering TCOM testing to inpatients.
5. Assists with medical necessity and insurance authorizations for hyperbaric treatments.
6. Assists with policy and procedure development for safety measures for the entity Hospital and the Wound Center.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or equivalent. Training in a medical field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of one (1) year healthcare experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Georgia license or certification required in one of the following areas: 1. Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician 2. Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) 4. Emergency Medical Technician 5. Certified Hyperbaric Technologist 6. Surgical Technologist. 7. Other CHT qualifying certification; or two (2) years experience administering hyperbaric oxygen required.
BLS Certification through AHA required.
Wound, Hyperbaric, or critical care experience is preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience in healthcare is preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2020 Piedmont Healthcare