Human Resources Business Partner
Desired Candidate can sit in either Charlotte, NC OR Winston-Salem, NC
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The team member will use Novant Health’s First Do No Harm (NHFDNH) safety behaviors/error prevention tools and high reliability strategies as appropriate to ensure a safe, remarkable patient experience.
The Human Resources Business Partner is a strategic, consultative partner and trusted advisor to one or more lines of business. The HR Business Partner creates value by understanding the business and implementing world-class people strategies and solutions that deliver on objectives, including shared responsibility for goal achievement. The role exists to understand and support the business with tailored strategies that foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. This role also focuses on team member engagement, retention, organizational structure and change management, workforce planning, and succession planning. This position may also lead a team, with the objective of furthering the HR service delivery model within the business area, relationship management, and consulting on best-practice retention strategies. Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate visible momentum.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, or related field required. Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of seven to ten years of human resources or related experience required. Health care experience. Experience in managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives. Experience in providing consultative services preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: PHR, SPHR, CHCR, SHRM-CP, SHRBP or SHRM-SCP certifications preferred.
- Additional skills required: BUSINESS ACUMEN – Understands the business strategy and how success is measured. LEADERSHIP – Leader who exemplifies the strategic, consultative HR model. COMMUNICATION – Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and ability to draft clear, concise communications and documents. Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, considering the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, confidential). Listens to others and their nonverbal cues and responds appropriately. DIGITAL FLUENCY – Applies digital technology to enhance quality, improve productivity and communication, solve problems, and streamline processes. Digital fluency includes the ability to maximize new and emerging technologies used to complete daily tasks and take care of workplace responsibilities. ADAPTABILITY – Maintains change readiness, resilience and flexibility to meet evolving business needs. Adaptability includes successfully navigating volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous scenarios. ANALYTICS ACUMEN – Leverages data to tell an insightful and compelling story to inform business decisions. Applies knowledge of HR metrics, including activity measures and workforce and business outcome measures. Draws insights from existing data and turns them into actionable solutions. Tailors the data to audiences and delivers meaningful recommendations. Pulls data from applicable HR systems/ existing reports and uses system resources appropriately to analyze for trends/ themes. Analytics acumen consists of organizing and assimilating data to provide proactive solutions for customers. CUSTOMER CENTRICITY – Provides an outstanding experience for customers through efficient, accurate and proactive solutions to business needs. Customer centricity fosters a positive customer experience at every stage of the customer journey. ALIGNMENT OF BUSINESS AND HR STRATEGY – Understands how talent supports the business strategy to maximize revenue and growth. CHANGE CHAMPION – Builds the case for change based on market and business reality. Overcomes resistance to change by engaging stakeholders in key decisions and building their commitment to full implementation. Understands and conveys the impact of change on people, processes, procedures, leadership and organizational culture. TRUSTED ADVISOR – Does what they commit to in order to build credibility. Exercises skill and diplomacy to further HR as a trusted business partner. Creates buy-in and positive chemistry with customers. Stays informed about HR policies, processes, and industry updates. COACHING – Coaches, mentors and guides customers around people, engagement and performance. PROJECT DELIVERY – Plans, organizes, monitors and controls all aspects of a project to achieve objectives safely and within the agreed upon time, cost and performance criteria, with particular focus on speed to market. CONSULTING – Diagnoses problems, develops programs/interventions and delivers HR solutions that are instrumental in addressing business issues and are consistent with identified strategies. Probes for additional information to deliver the best outcome. DECISION MAKING – Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions. Perceives the impact and implications of decisions. Commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals. PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems and uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternative recommendations. Determines accuracy and relevance of information.
- Additional skills preferred: Bilingual in Spanish/ English.
- Essential Functions: Fosters and leads with inclusion and belonging.
• Understands the business and business strategy for assigned lines of business or areas. Speaks to the data and metrics related to assigned lines of business and understands related financials.
• Acts as trusted advisor and partner to leaders as assigned on team member issues. Consults and coaches clients on performance management, talent development, engagement and teamwork. Advises leaders in assessing team member engagement and retention, and developing action plans to increase positive outcomes. Helps identify barriers and gaps, and problem solves to achieve leaders’ goals for increased team member engagement. Provides tools and strategies necessary to improve/maintain engagement and increase satisfaction and retention.
• Provides guidance to leaders in areas of team member performance management. Provides leaders with appropriate guidance on handling issues, providing rationale for recommendations so that leaders can make informed decisions going forward.
• Partners with HR centers of expertise to obtain information needed to make decisions to quickly move issues to resolution. Works closely with all areas of Human Resources to facilitate effective Human Resources relationships.
• Researches and establishes productive customer relationships to foster a mutual understanding of business goals, strengths and opportunities; provides timely follow-up on issues/concerns.
• Participates in meetings as an extension of the department’s leadership team with the purpose of focusing on contributing to the growth and competitiveness of the business.
• Utilizes a big-picture perspective regarding the organization’s priorities and goals, and helps align HR solutions to the business needs.
• Uses Performance Consulting methods to assess work with customers as a consultative partner to accomplish and optimize workplace performance in support of business goals. Appropriately utilizes tools to examine gaps, partner with leader to examine strategies and tactics, quantifies return on investment and supports leader in implementation
• Uses Performance Consulting methods to assess work with customers as a consultative partner to accomplish and support of business goals. Utilizes tools to identify gaps, partners with leaders to examine strategies and tactics, quantifies return on investment and supports implementation.
• Meets with newly hired or promoted leaders to make an introduction and share the role of the HR Business Partner.
• Maintains a working knowledge of current regulatory and accreditation requirements and how they apply to healthcare. Participates in announced and unannounced regulatory/accreditation surveys, as required.
• Assists customers with organizational restructure and workforce planning. Identifies the skills and capabilities of the workforce needed to execute the organization’s strategy and achieve success. Uses a workforce planning process that looks at what the organization needs to accomplish in a set period of time; what knowledge, skills and experience are required to complete the job; and what size and type of workforce is required to provide that mix of skills, knowledge and experience.
• Provides knowledge of HR services and solutions to the business.
• Supports and assists with implementation of HR initiatives to promote adoption throughout the organization.
• Works on assigned organization-wide initiatives to assess talent implications and assure HR policies and procedures are applied.
• Recommends equitable improvements to policies and procedures to serve the best interests of team members and the organization. Analyzes and makes process improvement recommendations when HR practices or processes create roadblocks.
• Assists leaders in understanding the recruitment lifecycle from position creation to on-boarding. Facilitates strategic discussions with customer and Talent Acquisition around staffing gaps and challenges in filling positions.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health