State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Human Resources Assistant
Req ID: 36778BR
Job Summary: Provides secretarial and administrative support to the VP Total Rewards and the Directors of Total Rewards. Total Rewards includes Benefits, Compensation, Retirement, Leave Management and Employee Health Management. Responsible for all aspects of the administrative operations, including coordinating schedules and meetings, coordinating correspondence, as well as communicating with administrative and executive leadership, HR Leaders and staff as well as other stakeholders.
- Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains personal calendars for manager/director(s).
- Assists the VP with the budget and tracking variances throughout the fiscal year. Receives and reconciles supply orders and invoices, identifying and resolving delays, billing errors or discrepancies.
- Organizes and schedules conference and video calls and meetings, sometimes with large numbers of participants. Coordinates all necessary arrangements: location, agenda, refreshments, materials, reserves meeting locations and equipment.
- Type correspondence, forms, reports, or other materials that require accuracy and attention to detail. Prepares meeting agenda and other materials. Prepares travel arrangements as needed.
- Interacts with others to provide, gather and disseminate information, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate. Independently researches and follows through on a wide variety of requests.
- Performs routine maintenance and/or set-up of office equipment and requests equipment repair services as needed. Maintains office supply inventory; orders office supplies according to established guidelines.
- Maintains departmental files, records and databases. Enters information from source documents into computer databases like and/or spreadsheets, compiling, printing and distributing periodic reports, mailing labels and other information as needed.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Prior HR experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply