HR Business Partner – Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center (Lanham)
Category: Administrative/General Support
Facility: Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: December 17, 2021
Performs professional human resources related duties for assigned business units in the areas of employee relations, policy interpretation, organizational structure/design and compensation. Develops and implements effective people management practices; transfers requests and solutions to/from the business units in collaboration with HR Department specialty teams; and as a key business partner has deep knowledge of, and is dedicated to, the needs and goals of assigned business units.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves as single point of contact for human resource related issues for all employees and leadership in assigned business units, collaborating with HR specialty units as necessary.
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes and practices in concert with business unit leadership, and manages complex and difficult projects cross-functionally.
- Provides direction and consultation to leadership with people management issues including retention/engagement; rewards programs; compensation/incentives; coaching; dealing with unsatisfactory performance; development of growth plans; problem solving; and disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Responds to and investigates employee concerns regarding policy interpretation and application, allegations of discrimination/harassment, and disputes regarding disciplinary actions and terminations. Prepares reports based on findings of investigation and maintains all pertinent documents/data.
- Provides direction to leadership in the creation of job descriptions and organizational structure.
- Applies basic compensation principles to assist with questions/concerns and to maintain equity, develop hiring guidelines/matrixes, and works with Compensation team to develop career progression series, and ensure that salary ranges remain competitive to attract and retain talent.
- Assists in responses to external charges, investigations, and legal challenges; consulting with Manager – Employee Relations and/or legal counsel as appropriate.
- Interprets policy and practice for management and employees; ensures that all employee relations decisions are consistent with AAHS Policy as well as relevant state and federal laws, practices, and guidelines.
- Prepares documentation for unemployment hearings and provides guidance and recommendations prior to unemployment hearing.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data/reports to aid in business decisions regarding turnover, leave management, employee engagement/wellbeing & staffing.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is required.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional HR experience, in the area of Recruitment, Compensation and/or Employee Relations is required.
- Advanced degree in above fields and PHR/SPHR preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)