Housekeeper – NU
Job ID: 90336
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 3pm-11:30pm
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
PRN/Supplemental – Evening M-F 3pm-11:30pm
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Medical Center – Midtown Campus.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
- To perform various and assorted tasks associated with the functions of instructional housekeeping.
- Tasks may include cleaning of surfaces, movement of furniture, bed making, trash handling, and other related duties as assigned
- Perform cleaning duties in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges, offices and other public and support areas of the hospital.
- Sweep, high and low dust, dust mop and wet mop floors areas, stairways and elevators; spot clean and vacuum floors, rugs, carpets, and runners. Rotate runners in hallways, and entryways.
- Strip, clean, and sanitize beds; make beds in designed areas.
- Collect trash and refuse from work areas and place in designated pick up areas.
- Clean, sanitize, and polish bath, lavatory, shower, and sink fixtures, and facilities, stock dispensers as necessary.
- Dust, spot clean, sanitize, and hand shampoo furniture; relamp desk and floor lamps, clean and polish glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, windowsills, and other related areas.
- Scrub bath and shower room tiles, woodwork, window frames and sills and other related surfaces.
- Maintain equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Report needed repairs to immediate supervisor or Operation Manager.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance standards, safety, environmental and infection control practices.
- Demonstrates the use of equipment in a safe and proper manner.
As a member of the Midtown Campus team, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School graduate or GED preferred.
3 to 6 months institutional housekeeping experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW