The primary purpose of this position is to screen employees, patients, vendors, and visitors entering any Methodist Health System locations. Screeners are responsible for making sure that everyone entering the hospital is wearing a mask/face covering at all times. All MHS staff should have a mask. You will hand out disposable masks to visitors’ as needed. Screeners are responsible for taking temperatures, asking questions as required, and providing visitors with a screening arm band.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledgeable of departmental locations, wayfinding, and assists with directions and/or escorts
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection prevention guidelines, sanitizing work area, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Exhibits a professional approach to all situations and is proactive in analyzing issues/concerns effectively and works towards a solution.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Strong communication skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
- Effectively adheres to MHS policies, guidelines, and care commitments; including confidentiality of all patient and business information, infection prevention, safety guidelines, emergency coded, dress code, and MHS standards.
- Knowledgeable on how to properly use thermometers; including temporal, infrared, and face screening tablets.
- Knowledgeable of screening guidelines and stays up to date on guidelines/requirements. Able to effectively communicate changes and/or new guidelines /requirements to patients, visitors, and peers when necessary.
- Knowledgeable of screening questions, and how to respond to various answers
- Knowledgeable of visitation guidelines and can effectively communicate to patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection prevention guidelines, sanitizing work area, and proper use of PPE.
- Knowledgeable of departmental locations, wayfinding, and assists with directions and/or escorts.
- Informs and/or provides feedback regarding staff, visitor, and situational concerns.
- Exhibits a professional approach to all situations and is proactive in analyzing issues/concerns effectively and works towards a solution. Escalate issues to the proper person in a timely manner.
- Maintain ample screening supplies and place order for additional supplies as needed.