Home Care Staff Nurse
FT 40 HRS
11 days agoRequisition ID: 1662
The Home Care Nurse Provides all nursing functions according to Massachusetts Law and HHSI policy and procedure and is responsible for medical case management of home-based participants, providing home health services to geriatric clients of the Elder Services Plan while building a trusting relationship with the clients.
Position is based out of our Elder Service Plan, 479 Torrey Street, Brockton, MA.
• Performs routine clinical nursing duties, including history taking, vital signs, administration of medications, dressing changes and other nursing procedures under the verbal or written order of a provider as prescribed by law, written clinical policies and within the limits of his/her own license and training.
• Responsible for Case Managing home based clients through communication with providers, center nursing staff, specialists, Clinical Nurse Manager, Clinical Director and all other ESP staff members involved in participant care.
• Completes nursing assessment and collaborates in the development of a comprehensive plan of care, as required by the Patient Care Team.
• Triages patients’ regarding illness and medical therapy and advises the patient/caregiver of the most appropriate action in consultation with a provider whenever necessary.
• Interacts with Clients and family members in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of care and professionalism.
• Builds trust and fosters smooth relationships with Clients and their families.
• Promotes patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
• Establishes and maintains, via provider order, an ongoing case management system that includes but is not limited to contracting patients with abnormal lab results or who fail appointments in accordance with Agency policies.
• Provides health teaching using appropriate information on health maintenance and disease management during each patient encounter according to Agency policies.
• Continuously updates his/her own clinical and professional knowledge and skills through formal and informal educational experiences.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Associate Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
• Current MA RN License and Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in a home care, professional or business environment.
• One year of experience working with geriatric patients.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications with a focus on Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Experience with medical computer scheduling preferred.
• Community health or ambulatory care experience preferred.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.