HIM Doc Imaging Tech
Job ID: 95184
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:I. General Summary
Responsible for timely retrieval and processing of appropriate patient charts from patient care areas. Preps charts for scanning and indexing. Performs quality review to ensure that all patient medical records and loose documents are scanned with the highest level of quality possible.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs chart preparation and scanning functions as outlined in the HIM Prep/Scan Guidelines.
2. Reviews images scanned for accuracy after initial scanning. Identifies documents that are of poor quality and rescan as necessary. Ensures that all scanned documents are positioned correctly and adjust those that are not correct.
3. Performs indexing process with accuracy by ensuring documents are indexed to the correct patient contact serial number (CSN), and correct document location within the EMR. Assigns each document to the correct document type and verify that bar-coded documents are correctly indexed. Identifies when it’s appropriate to split and merge documents. Performs the splits and merges correctly. Appends and inserts pages/documents when and where appropriate, and according to UMMS indexing guidelines.
4. Reviews assigned electronic work lists daily and ensures timely processing of all work items on work lists. Maintains expected productivity and quality standards. Completes and submits productivity reports on a weekly basis.
5. Communicates any issues to the Manager timely and with clear detail. Completes and submits productivity reports on a weekly basis. Assists in training new staff.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. One year of previous experience in hospital medical record department or similar medical office setting with additional experience in quality analysis or similar position.
3. Two years performing document imaging in a hospital medical record department preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; filing systems; ability to prioritize workloads; meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure; excellent customer service skills; general office procedures; ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision; familiar with basic medical terminology; computer experience; typing ability; familiar with dictation/transcription systems; familiar with state requirement regarding birth certificate processing.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW