Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The Hemophilia Staff Nurse / Clinical Practice will be the primary nurse supporting the Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center program/outpatient practice. This position is an integral part of the Hematology practice commitment to provide outstanding clinical care in a patient-friendly environment. The staff nurse will perform clinical duties as directed by Hematology physicians, and will work closely with the Director of the Hemophilia program to develop clinic policies and procedures, and to establish a pleasant and effective working environment. The applicant should be highly professional and work effectively with others toward common unit goals.
- Provides direct clinical care and management for Hemophilia and Thrombosis Clinics.
- Assess and coordinate patient services.
- Accomplished in venipuncture technique and injection therapy procedures.
- Understand impact of acute/chronic illness on patients and families
- Review lab reports and notify physician of significant abnormalities
- Handle patient phone calls and notify physician of significant concerns
- Communicate with insurance companies to facilitate patient care
· Dispense medications, injections, and information in accordance with practice policies.
- Provide education to patient and family members with regard to treatment options and plan of care.
- Work with patients and all members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that barriers of care are overcome.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors and other staff.
- Other duties as required by physicians.
- Other duties as needed and assigned to maintain the efficient operation of the executive suite (i.e. filing, scanning, etc.)
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES needed in addition to Essential Functions:
- Assesses and coordinates patient needs.
- Coordinate with other providers, hospitals, pharmacies, home care and more to facilitate care for patients.
- Be familiar with clinical policies and procedures and assure implementation of same.
- Oversee patient flow and clinical staff to keep physicians on schedule.
- Ensure current maintenance and inspections of all clinical equipment.
- Oversee patient call backs to communicate test results as directed by physicians.
- Ensure updating of patient charts with immunization and medication information.
- Maintain compliance with current OSHA, including but not limited to proper training, immunization, and documentation.
- Package and document medical waste for disposal, including labeling and forms completion.
- Perform clinical duties and assist with procedures as directed by physicians.
ASN degree required. BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
RN license to practice in the Commonwealth of PA.
At least 2 years of experience in a practice or medical setting.
Professional, mature approach to work, with a calming and reassuring presence. Excellent
Manners and customer service orientation. Good language skills and attention to detail. Ability to
Perform all of the job functions included in certification and job description. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well under pressure. Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and problems while maintaining consistently professional manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, office staff, patients, relatives and friends of patients, and the general public and personnel of related offices. Must be
Able to maintain patient and employer confidentiality.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code