Health Promotion Coordinator
Maine Health Tobacco
Req #: 28795
Background: Central Maine Community Health Corporation / Healthy Androscoggin is a 501c3 non-profit subsidiary of Central Maine Healthcare Corp. Healthy Androscoggin works to create a community of thriving residents by giving individuals tools to live a healthy life. Our mission also includes creating a community that values and encourages health, which is key to ensuring its residents can succeed. Our staff and partners do this by making healthy living more accessible.
Job Summary: The general function and responsibility of this full-time professional position is to coordinate health promotion activities through programming, policy and system changes. This may include, but is not limited to, coordination of physical activity initiatives; nutrition initiatives; tobacco prevention initiatives; substance use prevention initiatives; and childhood lead poisoning prevention initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and evaluates objectives outlined in grant work plans.
- Works collaboratively with all Healthy Androscoggin staff across topic areas.
- Plans and implements culturally competent wellness/education initiatives.
- Works with the Healthy Androscoggin Management and Grant Coordinator to develop and monitor project budgets and to spend resources accordingly and appropriately.
- Attends or convenes appropriate community partner meetings and networks with local employers/partners to build partnerships that address root causes of poor health.
- Provides outreach and education to local businesses, organizations and partners on a regular basis to share materials on various Healthy Androscoggin topic areas as needed.
- Keeps informed of appropriate legislation and policies and serves as a legislative advocate on matters for the coalition.
- Maintains positive working relationships with local businesses, agencies (including hospitals and other health care and social service organizations), municipal governments, schools, law enforcement, businesses and other work sites, civic and community groups, media, parents, youth and other community members. Networks on local and state level.
- Utilizes appropriate tools and resources to offer technical assistance and resources to community partners to assist in the promotion of healthy lifestyles, and the implementation of appropriate health related policies and environmental change.
- Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
A Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in: community organizing, community health improvement, prevention planning, public health, health promotion, policy development, youth empowerment, and/or advocacy The general function and responsibility is to provide state-of-the-art expertise in substance use and tobacco prevention, health promotion, outreach and education activities of the Tobacco and Substance Use prevention grants. All prevention grants are working toward decreasing substance mis/use and tobacco use among youth and adults; and building collaboration between community entities. The Coordinator will report directly to the Substance Misuse Prevention Manager. This position will be required to keep detailed records for reporting and evaluation. The following skills are also needed: ability to work independently, ability to objectively analyze programs and problem solve, excellent written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, computer skills, group-facilitation, and be well-organized, and possess a strong attention to detail. Access to reliable transportation is required for travel throughout Western Maine and occasionally statewide. Ability to speak multiple languages preferred, but not required. A minimum Provisional Prevention Specialist Certification or willingness to obtain certification required.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Additional languages preferred
- Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
About Bridgton Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
About Rumford Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.