Geriatric Social Worker (LCSW)
FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1468
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) plans, coordinates and manages social work services for adults 55 and older and caregivers of Elder Service Plan within the community as part of Integrated Disciplinary Team (IDT). Duties include but are not limited to conducting initial, semiannual and annual assessments; participating in the Intake process for potential participants; providing supportive counseling to ESP participants and their family members; actively participating in Interdisciplinary Plan of Care meetings and morning meetings; arranging family meetings for IDT. Training will be on-site, but currently, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, work will be done remotely while collaborating with the IDT team members and manager to determine if Home Care visits are needed.
The Harbor Health Elder Service Plan offers a personalized healthcare program provided by our own geriatric professionals and guided by a care plan developed and customized for our elder client’s individual’s needs. Join a Social Work team that focuses on meeting those needs and improving their quality of life!
• Participates in the intake screening process for potential participants, conduct a bio-psychosocial assessment.
• Conducts timely initial, annual, and semiannual psychosocial assessments in order to develop participants plan of care using assessments tools including PHQ-9, MOCA, and CDR
• Actively participates in required meetings to including but not limited to: Morning/Weekly Team, Plan of Care, and Family Meetings and attending monthly service plan meetings for participants in assisted living and nursing home facilities.
• Provides individual counseling and supportive family counseling at ESP and conducts participant support groups.
• Manage clients during psychiatric hospitalizations.
• Assists and advocates for clients and families with community resources and IDT.
• Works with financial staff for bi-annual financial re-determinations.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• MSW from an accredited school of social work, current LCSW license required.
• 1 year of experience working with the frail elder population (55 and older, paid or volunteer experience) required.
• Critical thinking skills to problem solve individually and in a team setting.
• Basic skills for Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with dementia care and end of life care preferred.
• Bilingual English /Spanish, Haitian Creole, Russian, and/or Portuguese a plus.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.