Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1603
The Elder Service Plan (ESP), a division of Harbor Health Services is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner provides primary care services to PACE participants in collaboration with the PACE physician. The Nurse practitioner manages acute and chronic illnesses; provides routine preventative and health management services; and makes appropriate referrals for medical and non-medical conditions; and collaborates with the PACE interdisciplinary team. Position is located at the Elder Service Plan, 1135 Morton Street, Mattapan, MA.
- Provides primary care to PACE participants in collaboration with the PACE physician at the ESP sites and in the particpants home as needed.
- Conducts health assessments and evaluates patient needs at the PACE center, assisted living facility, skilled nursing facility or participant’s home.
- Participates in the development of a comprehensive plan of care for each participant.
- Participates in an on-call system with other providers to ensure 24-hour access to care for our participants.
- Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, interdisciplinary team meetings and quality improvement activities.
- Makes appropriate, cost efficient referral decisions and refers primarily to contracted specialists; provides guidance and monitoring of systems necessary for the function of a capitated care program.
- Updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly; accurately and timely documents care in the medical record with progress notes, lab follow-ups, communications with participants; maintains a current problem list, medication flow sheet, immunization record and other appropriate information.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- MSN in Geriatric Nursing or related specialty field.
- Current MA Nursing license with current certification as a Nurse Practitioner; MCSR, DEA and current BLS.
- 2 or more years of experience working with a frail or elderly population preferred.
- Strong clinical, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with a Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Experience in the development and implementation of geriatric program.
- Familiarity with medications preferred.
- Must be able to travel in a timely manner to ESP sites and patient's homes.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.