Front Office Coordinator/Medical Assistant / Shore Medical Group @ Easton, MD
Job ID: 92351
Area of Interest: Clerical
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8am-430pm
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
We are looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary team of individuals at the University of Maryland-Shore Medical Group.
Under moderate supervision, the Front Office Coordinator/Medical Assistant performs a variety of front and back office duties in the clinic. Provides initial preparation of patients prior to the physician’s encounter; assists physician in patient care activities; performs procedures under the supervision of physician; provides health education under the supervision of physician. Schedules appointments, completes registration, collects co-payments, processes referrals and discharges patients at visit completion.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED ON THE LOWER EASTERN SHORE IN EASTON, MARYLAND
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Takes vitals on all patients to include height, weight, blood pressure and temperature. Completes patient history, medication documentation, and other orders as instructed by the provider, and assists provider during physical exams and procedures.
2. Maintains patient charts and ensures information is filed/scanned accurately and ensures that charts for outside physicians are prepared for that day with appropriate forms and documentation.
3. May perform point of care testing, phlebotomy and specimen collection, assists the providers with basic routine tests, injections and procedures (ECGs, Blood Glucose, etc.),and accurately documents results, as needed.
4. Operates and maintains clinical equipment and notifies management of issues or concerns.
5. Restocks and prepares exam rooms for the next day according to par levels. Notifies staff member responsible for ordering supplies when appropriate.
6. Verifies patient demographic information including insurance verification prior to the patient visit for all pre-scheduled patients. Performs data entry of patient demographic information, and types letters and faxes information as needed.
7. Registers all patients at each visit utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information. Receives and documents patient responsible payments including co-payments, past balance payments, and other patient-responsible charges.
8. Schedules patients for physician visits, maintains and updates appointment calendars, and contacts patients to verify appointments.
9. Processes all referral requests by physicians and patients within a timely manner and according to clinic procedure
10. Coordinates files and office information – updates charts, labs, x-rays, dictated notes, etc., and pulls and prepares charts for current and follow-up appointments.
11. Discharges each patient via established policies, including charge entry for current visit if appropriate, facilitation of ancillary procedures as necessary.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
As a Shore Medical Group employee and a part of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits program designed with you and your dependents in mind. Subject to any eligibility waiting period, all of the benefits are available to regular full-time employees and most benefits are available to regular part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) or more hours per week. Many benefits are provided at no cost to employees. For others, the cost is shared between employer and employees.
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Successful completion of a formal Medical Assistant Training Program required.
3. One year of Clinical experience may be accepted IN LIEU of a Medical Assistant Program completion.
4. One (1) year of customer service experience required.
5. Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required.
6. One (1) year relevant front-desk experience preferred. Experience within a healthcare environment preferred.
7. Certification as a Medical Assistant, preferred.
8. Certification in scheduling and registration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Previous experience using a business office suite, such as Microsoft Office, is preferred.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
3. Travel to other SRH locations may be required.
Ensures patient safety in the performance of job functions and through participation in hospital, department or unit patient safety initiatives.
1. Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety
2. Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
3. Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The best part about living and working on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is definitely just the experience. It's a unique culture that we have here. People from Maryland are so full of pride for where they're from, especially if you're from the Eastern Shore. We love our Old Bay and our blue crabs and our Thrasher's French Fries down at the beach. And, you know, all of the foods that are unique to Maryland. We have tons of recreation, lots of water activities, tons of history and museums to explore. It's just such a unique culture. I've been able to travel all throughout the United States and different countries in the world but there is no place like the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW