You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to department clinics, as assigned
- Reading skill sufficient to understand documents such as training guides and registration worksheets written to standard English text
- Skill in speaking on a one-to-one basis with persons of various cultural, economic and educational backgrounds to obtain information and explain admission/registration policies and procedures
- Interpersonal skill sufficient to interact diplomatically with the public in a high volume public contact setting and with members of the health care team
- Skill in writing legible, concise and grammatically correct documentation in standard English
- Skill in performing basic arithmetic operations such as adding and subtracting to determine financial eligibility or required deposits, maintaining statistics and performing cashiering functions
- Typing skill sufficient to input verbal or written data into University’s EMR System with accuracy and speed
- Oral communication skills to conduct registration interviews
- General knowledge of medical diagnosis in order to correctly interpret referrals
- General knowledge of third-party, government programs and other sponsoring agencies
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 sufficient to code medical diagnosis
- Skill in telephone business etiquette and a working knowledge of multi-line telephones
- General knowledge of medical insurance providers including HMO’s, PPO’s, Medicare, managed care insurance companies, and Medi-Cal to determine co-payments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient medical records and information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word to type miscellaneous correspondence
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to translate English/Spanish
- Detailed knowledge of University’s EMR System procedures
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered