Front Desk Team Member - Chicago Region
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category Other Job Id R0002049
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact appropriately with patients and record information while greeting, checking-in, checking-out or scheduling appointments for patients.
- Utilize computer programs to add new patients, check patients in and out, print out relevant forms for processing, and schedule appointments.
- Answer telephones, take detailed and accurate messages, and ensure messages are directed to the appropriate individual.
- Clearly communicate information about ChenMed Medical Associates to patients and other individuals.
- Verify patient insurance via phone or website and collect any necessary payment for services.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Transmit correspondence by mail, e-mail, or fax.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Skill in oral communication (Fluent in English required).
- Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Fluent in English.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a medical facility, plus working knowledge of medical insurance and/or knowledge of electronic medical record are preferred.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)