Front Desk Team Member
Location Newport News, Virginia, United States of America Category Operations Job Id R0015464
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interacts appropriately with patients and record information while greeting, checking-in, checking-out or scheduling appointments for patients.
• Utilizes computer programs to add new patients, checks patients in and out, prints out relevant forms for processing, and schedules appointments.
• Answers telephones, takes detailed and accurate messages, and ensures messages are directed to the appropriate individual.
• Clearly communicates information about ChenMed Medical Associates to patients and other individuals.
• Verifies patient insurance via phone or website and collect any necessary payment for services.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Maintains the confidentiality of patients’ personal information and medical records.
• Reviews patients’ personal and appointment information for completeness and accuracy.
• Transmits correspondence by mail, e-mail, or fax.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of ChenMed Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
• Skill in oral communication (Fluent in English required).
• Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
• Fluent in English.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a medical clinic or similar environment required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers preferred
POSITION SUMMARY The Front Desk Team Member is a patient’s first contact with ChenMed and as such must provide exceptional customer service. She/he answers the office phones, registers patients and schedules appointments for patients. As a front desk team member, she/he greets patients, checks patients in to and out of the medical office and provides basic secretarial support.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director