Front Desk Lead
Location Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America Category Operations Job Id R0015896
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads Care Facilitators in ensuring that the patient check-in process is customer-centric and seamless. Confirms that all intake procedures, guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Greets and welcomes patients and families into the Center.
- Serve as first point of contact and resolution for patient issues/concerns/disputes.
- Prepares the center for patient/customer arrivals. Ensures it’s clean, organized, sanitized and visually appealing.
- Guides and supports Care Facilitators with HEDIS initiatives to ensure patients with gaps are appropriately scheduled.
- Supports PCP scheduling by ensuring appropriate blocks are in place and double/over/under booking does not occur. Ensures scheduling gaps are attended to and closed in a timely manner.
- Reviews ENS notifications and ensures patients receive follow up from their Care Team.
- Examines medical release forms for accuracy and PCP sign off prior to release of medical records. Ensures the e-fax folder is routinely checked and that documents received are correctly uploaded and indexed.
- Authorized to adjust patient charts with regard to co-payments.
- Collects co-payments, reconciles charges and submits them to the Center Manager for deposit.
- Prints Patient Check-in Board for billing. Prints CPA report and ensure missing items are followed up on.
- Reviews phone messages to ensure proper and timely routing and follow-up. Ensures after hours messages from patients are recorded in the patient’s medical record and followed up on by the appropriate discipline.
- Troubleshoots Dashboard, phone, and computer issues.
- Orders office and other needed supplies to ensure the Center is properly inventoried, stocked and maintained.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Fills in for Care Facilitator as needed for scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Supports the patient VIP experience by assisting with new patient paperwork and supporting New Patient Welcome and Tours.
- Assists with Patient Education and Exercise Class activities as needed.
- Distributes insurance verification list.
- Reviews next day transportation list and confirm times.
- Collects, sorts and distributes mail.
- Sets up conference rooms for weekly PCP meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- This is an intermediate level, customer service-focused position working directly with patients and their families in one of ChenMed’s medical centers
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of standard medical office practices, procedures processes, functions, and techniques
- Working knowledge of medical insurance and/or knowledge of electronic medical record EMR systems
- Skilled in operating phones, personal computers, software and other basic IT systems
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong listening skills
- Good critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Friendly, professional, courteous and positive disposition
- Familiarity with Dashboard
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Some college coursework preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a medical facility required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers certification desired
The Lead, Care Facilitator is dedicated to providing VIP customer service to every patient and customer who enters the center. Through adherence of established center guidelines and standards, the incumbent in this role is responsible for providing the best solutions and options for our patients in support of the overall center experience. He/she plays a vital role in ensuring that all of our patients and their family members have a pleasant and memorable experience every visit and with every interaction. The Lead, Care Facilitator is accountable for precisely entering patient data and setting up accounts, and for establishing and maintaining strong professional working relationships with internal work partners. This incumbent trains, guides and supports Care Facilitators to ensure organizational front desk standards are met and that they have the tools and resources they need to effectively perform their daily tasks.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Front Desk Receptionist - Jacksonville
Category Operations Posted Date 01/27/2021
Front Desk Team Member
Category Operations Posted Date 02/24/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director