State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Food Service Work-Trayline and Sanitation
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39695BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of tasks, including partial preparation/set up of food trays for patients and all cleaning related to food services.
- Washes and restocks patient, cafeteria and catering dishes, pots and pans. Cleans and sanitizes tabletops and counters. Sweeps and mops floors. Empties trash, retrieves soiled tray carts from nursing units. Maintains proper levels of supplies/stock for assembly of trays.
- Assembles patient meals as ordered through the At Your Request Room Service Dining system. Uses proper portion for entrées, salads, desserts, and beverages for meal service. Prepares food items to par levels in advance of peak meal periods (fruit cups, tossed salads, desserts, beverages). Follows procedures for preparing special trays (Kosher, Low Bacteria, Isolation, Psychiatry, Gastric By-pass).
- Prepares floor stock sheets according to established par levels and bring to kitchen. Maintains cleanliness of the nursing kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Arranges designated work area/serving station with proper utensils, plates, etc. Potentially serves food in the cafeteria, following established serving guidelines. Keeps supervisor informed of menu item supply levels in a timely fashion to avoid runouts and tray set up delays. Potentially delivers patient trays to the Room Service Associates or nursing desks on the floors as necessary.
- Some High School required, High School diploma or GED preferred
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Will consider applicants with some high school experience.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Awareness of food safety principles.
- Food service experience in a high-volume food service establishment.
- Basic cleaning and sanitation practice knowledge and work history.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply