Food Service Attendant – Patient Services – Full Time 7am-5:30pm with holiday and weekend rotation
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 23, 2021
Supports the goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services Department by performing the functions of various areas including: cafeteria, sanitation, food production, diet office catering, tray assembly, and tray passer.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assembles patient trays according to dietary guidelines and following the guidelines for proper portions.
- Delivers trays to patients accurately and efficiently.
- Interacts with patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assembles floor stock onto carts using requisition list consistently.
- Cleans equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings of assigned areas.
- Operates Spectralink phone efficiently.
- Responds to patient and nursing requests immediately.
- Unloads dirty dishes and trays from carts and place them in the dish machine.
- Transports carts to and from the kitchen safely.
- Operates kitchen and transportation equipment according to instructions.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Demonstrated ability to read and write and follow written and oral instructions.
- No experience required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)