FNP/PA Cone Health ED "Job Details"
, NC, United States
- 1311 N Elm St, Greensboro, NC, 27401, US
09/14/2021, 10:13 PM
FNP/PA Greensboro Emergency Med
Full time 130 hours month
- Graduation from an accredited NP/PA Program
- Licensed by the NC Board of Nursing or NC Medical Board of Examiners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Current American Heart Assoc. BLS and ACLS
Job Summary: Augment a physician's ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and/or surgeries in the Emergency Medicine setting; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of the individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Boards of Medical Examiners
Essential Functions: 1. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing emergency medical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by physician. 2. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient. 3. Carry out complex patient care services under indirect physician supervision using advanced medical knowledge; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria. 4. Plan and schedule work for the physician's health team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties. 5. Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. 6. Teach students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to Emergency Medicine. 7. Ensures complete and accurate documentation in the medical record of assessment and plan of care. 8. Participate in continuing education in emergency/ urgent care. 9. Remain up to date with department and hospital policy and guidelines. 10. Ensure age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Skills and Qualifications: Ability to maintain composure and work efficiently under pressure Excellent oral and written communication skills Ability to perform complex patient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures Ability to work a rotating shift schedule This job description is an overall statement of responsibilities of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform other related duties other than those described herein.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
FNP/PA WRMC ED ( PRN)
North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
FNP or PA High Point ED
High Point, NC, United States
FNP/PA Emergency Medicine- GBO ED
Greensboro, NC, United States
FNP or PA Emergency Med -Iredell
Mooresville, NC, United States and 1 more