Float care promoter
Location St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0015291
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records patient vital signs; records patient interview and medical history.
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient conditions to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Perform non-critical medical and therapeutic procedures based on medical instructions. Collects phlebotomy and other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary, all under physician supervision.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Provides health coaching to a defined group of patients to support healthy lifestyle choices. Follows up with coached patients via weekly calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a heart of compassion and empathy towards our patients and families
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with team members, including physicians and other clinicians, market leaders, center managers, nurses, case managers, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders
- Mindset focused on resolving problems for patients and achieving team goals
- Knowledge of medical products, terminology, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Skilled in basic phone and computer operation
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally to assist in covering other centers
- Spoken and written fluency in English
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can be substituted for work experience
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience preferred
The Care Promoter 1 is an unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician supervision in accordance with state medical practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a Physician-lead Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Location Hollywood, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 02/02/2021
Per Diem Care Promoter
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 04/07/2021
Location St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 04/27/2021
Location Greenacres, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 02/05/2021
Medical Assistant - Jacksonville
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 01/27/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director