State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Financial Analyst II, Research
Req ID: 38401BR
Job Summary: Applies the principles of research accounting within assigned areas of accountability. Compiles and analyzes financial information, reviews and processes journal entries, familiarizes himself/herself with sponsor agreements for each cost center opened, drives the closeout process for cost centers, reconciles monthly financial data. Prepares final invoices, prepares final financial reports, maintains accurate and complete audit work-papers, knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern sponsored research grants and awards in order to properly account for research activity and to ensure compliance with those laws and regulations. Possess knowledge of Medical Center financial systems as well as other system databases and applications.
- Compiles financial information for analysis and review, prepares financial reports based off of PeopleSoft general ledger activity. Explains and discusses reports with administrators prior to disbursement to various sources. Uses various system applications to assemble and format data in a user-friendly manner. Provides assistance in understanding financial data and processing entries.
- Manages a variety of operational activities that support accurate and timely administration of information and costs being charged to appropriate cost centers. These activities include working closely with Research Administrators and Directors to create new cost centers and close out expired ones, processing journal entries, managing cost obligations and supporting the proper reporting of Effort
- Develops financial reports for both federal and non-federal agencies. Communicates in-depth analyses, trend information, run rates, and forecasts future outcomes. Interprets financial results and consults with Research Administrators and Research Directors regarding these results in order to assist in decision making and to ensure our compliance with industry regulations.
- Monitors all federal and non-federal sponsor regulations for changes and updates. Understanding these regulations and applying them to daily work flow in order to minimize compliance risk and liability to the Medical Center. Sharing this information with co-workers and Research Administrators in order enhance productivity and minimize risk.
- Collaborates with various staff in Research Finance and with various departments through the Medical Center such as General Finance , OSP, TVO, CTO and PFS and others to process journal entries, budget adjustments, report submission, cost center close out and in order to meet timelines for account cycles and sponsor milestones.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Previous experience in accounting or finance activities.
- Prior work experience with sponsored programs.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply