Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- Applicants must have US medical license with completion of anesthesiology residency in U.S. or Canada
- The fellow functions in close relationship with our ACGME-accredited residency in anesthesiology which includes specific rotations in regional anesthesia and acute pain management
- There is no ACGME designation or certification for regional anesthesia fellowships to date
- The fellowship stipend would be supported in part by the fellow's activity as a junior faculty anesthesiologist, 2.5 day per week, in the Inpatient OR at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- The fellow will be required to have a PA medical and DEA license to practice in the hospital
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.