Req ID: 35148BR
Job Summary: Fellows in clinical neuropsychology spend two years receiving advanced training in clinical neuropsychology. They are expected to complete 135 evaluations per year, which works out to about 3 evaluations per week, minus vacations (4 weeks) and holidays. In year 1, Fellows will complete rotations at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center and in Outpatient Psychiatry at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). In year 2, Fellows will complete rotations in Outpatient Psychiatry and in the Cognitive Neurology Unit in the Neurology Department at BIDMC. All Fellows attend a 9-month seminar in neuropsychology in year 1, and a case conference / professional affairs seminar in years 1 and 2. Fellows also receive additional didactics on particular rotations. Fellows receive about one hour of supervision per week at each current rotation, and receive annual formal progress evaluations.
- Under supervision of licensed Neuropsychologist, complete 135 evaluations per year at HMFP Psychiatry, MMHC and BIDMC CNU.
- Doctoral degree required in Psychology. Doctoral degree preferred in Neuropsychology
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally