Facilities Engineer in Warrenton, VA at Fauquier Health
Date Posted: 10/25/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
- Job Type:
Fauquier Health is a Planetree-designated facility and serves the residents of Fauquier and several surrounding counties. It comprises: Fauquier Hospital, a fully-accredited, 97-bed hospital; Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a 115-bed long-term care and rehabilitation facility; the Villa at Suffield Meadows, an assisted living facility; the Wound Health Center and a medically supervised Wellness Center offering health and wellness programs. For more information please visit: https://www.fauquierhealth.org/
The Facilities Engineer provides operational duties to include performing repairs preventative maintenance, record keeping, and troubleshooting utilizing a variety of skills associated with the general maintenance field. This position is similar to the journeyman in a trade field. This position is knowledgeable of, and performs general maintenance on, the hospital's critical utility systems.
- Ensures correct and safe operation of equipment and machinery.
- Performs safety and operational tests on critical utility systems as mandated by regulatory agencies or hospital policies. This would include but not limited to backflow preventions, water chemistry, alarms, steam traps, microwaves, electrical leakage tests, emergency generators. Performs monthly generator test.
- Maintains accurate record of work performed, to include time to perform, parts used, equipment asset number and legible summary of problem and work performed in a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to act independently of others in performance of duties.
- Proficiently completes assignments, recognizes problems, and prioritizes workload. Works with facility director to maximize work production.
- Demonstrated ability to use computers (email, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.). Supports departmental initiatives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Virginia Motor Vehicle Operators License
- Required: Must be able to meet Fauquier Health driver's insurance eligibility requirements.
Minimum Work Experience:
- 3 years of facility maintenance experience preferred
- Journeyman HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical and/or hold a DC 6th Class Steam Engineer or MD 4th Class Steam Engineer, preferred
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.