Exercise Physiologist- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
Job ID: 93732
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 7a-7p
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
We are looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary team at University of Maryland – Shore Regional Health.
At Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Assists with the ongoing patient care management of the Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. Included are Phase I (inpatient) and Phases II, III and IV Adult Fitness Pulmonary Rehabilitation patients.
- Works cooperatively with the Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Manager in assessing the appropriateness of Phase II exercise therapy.*
- Conducts the Phase II exercise therapy with post intervention patients, MI, PTCA, CHF, COPD angina patients. Works with Pulmonary Rehabilitation outpatients as an instructor for the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Education series.*
- Discusses the healing process following an MI and/or recovery period from intervention and lifestyle modification necessary to reduce risk factor development.
- Monitors heart rhythm via telemetry. Detect arrhythmias and follow-up with physicians for appropriate care/intervention. Follows up with M.D. on patient’s status as needed and charts status on progress record.*
- Formulates exercise prescriptions from exercise tolerance test results.
- If training completed, will perform EECP therapy to select patients.*
- Presents information at various group teaching sessions. Completes preoperative teaching. Understands the developmental needs and educational strategies appropriate to the adult and geriatric population.*
- Under supervision of a Cardiologist physically on-site, conducts Cardiac Stress tests.
- When necessary, assists/conducts ETT (i.e., maximal and submax ETT).
- Responds to emergencies within the department services.
As a team member with Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue generous paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s of Science in Cardiac Rehabilitation/Adult Fitness/Exercise Physiology – Exercise Physiology – Exercise Science or Kinesiology.
- Confidence in working with adults and good personal interaction required.
- American Heart Association BLS certification and ACLS certification required.
- American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Specialist (CEP) (EP-C) certification required or willingness to complete within two years of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I've been with the University of Maryland Medical System for 10 years. And I've been with Shore Regional Health for all of those 10 years. And what has kept me with Shore Regional Health is the fact that we have been able to become one with the University of Maryland Medical System. And so becoming part of this larger network has given us access to resources and groups of providers and technology and efficiency in our processes here on Eastern Shore that we wouldn't have otherwise had. And so this collaboration and this becoming one with the University of Maryland Medical System has been really what's been able to allow us to achieve our goal here at Shore Regional Health, which is that of creating healthier communities.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW